You are transferring a course when you’ve completed it at one institution (the host) but you’re applying it for credit toward a program you’re enrolled in at another institution (your home). There are sometimes restrictions placed on transfer credit, so it’s a good idea to speak with an academic advisor before taking a course from another institution.
- What does transfer credit mean?
- What is unallocated transfer credit?
- What transfer credit will I get for taking a course?
- What if the course I want to take doesn’t have a transfer option for my home institution? Can I still get credit for the course?
- What does it mean when the transfer information says “No Credit” for my home institution?
- What steps do I take to transfer a course to my home institution?
- How can I ask my home institution to evaluate a course for transfer credit?