It depends on when you withdraw. If you withdraw prior to the end of the registration revision period, the course may not show up on your transcript at all. If you withdraw after a certain date (established by the host institution), your transcript will show a VW on that course. If you drop the course even later, it will show as an F (or an equivalent). Courses that are not dropped by the VW deadline will receive a final grade. Check the institution's course calendar for more information.
- I’m considering dropping my course.
- How do I get an extension?
- What is voluntary withdrawal?
- When are the deadlines for voluntary withdrawal?
- How do I drop a course?
- Do I have to notify my home institution when I drop a course I’m taking on a Letter of Permission?
- Will I receive a tuition refund if I drop a course?