Help Centre

How do I drop a course?

How you drop a course will depend on the institution. In most cases, colleges and university use the terminology “voluntary withdrawal” as the equivalent to dropping a course. After you formally submit a voluntary withdrawal form, you do not have to complete the coursework, attend the lectures, or write the exam, but you (obviously) will not receive credit for that course. How that course appears on your transcript will depend largely on your course’s official withdrawal date. If you want to drop a course, you should be familiar with the relevant dates and deadlines for refunds and for “type” of withdrawal.

Each institution has its own process for withdrawal. Please see the institution hosting the course for specific information.