Extensions for assignments should be dealt with as they arise between you and your instructor.
Course extensions are somewhat different. An extension for incomplete coursework is your instructor's responsibility. If you haven’t completed the coursework by the end of the semester, your instructor needs to grant you an incomplete. This process may give you more time to complete the required coursework.
The policies for granting incompletes depends on the institution and the instructor.
- I’m considering dropping my course.
- What is voluntary withdrawal?
- When are the deadlines for voluntary withdrawal?
- How do I drop a course?
- Do I have to notify my home institution when I drop a course I’m taking on a Letter of Permission?
- Will I receive a tuition refund if I drop a course?
- How will a voluntary withdrawal show up on my transcript?