Voluntary withdrawal (VW) refers to dropping a course after the registration revision period. If you are unable to complete the coursework in any capacity -- unable to do the readings, attend class, or finish assignments -- you may choose to stop taking the course without penalty. However, there are deadlines and processes for dropping a course that you must adhere to. Courses you voluntarily withdraw from will appear as “VW” on your transcript, but they will not affect your GPA or your academic standing.
- I’m considering dropping my course.
- How do I get an extension?
- When are the deadlines for voluntary withdrawal?
- How do I drop a course?
- Do I have to notify my home institution when I drop a course I’m taking on a Letter of Permission?
- Will I receive a tuition refund if I drop a course?
- How will a voluntary withdrawal show up on my transcript?