Transferring a course

Thousands of transfer agreements exist among the top public post-secondary institutions in Manitoba -- Assiniboine Community College, Brandon University, Red River College, The University of Winnipeg, Université de Saint-Boniface, University College of the North, and University of Manitoba. These institutions work together to ensure that students can move between schools without losing or repeating credits. Credits that you receive from one institution can often be used at another, whether you're changing institutions or wanting to take a course on a Letter of Permission. 

If you're a student wanting to transfer credits and move to a new institution, you will deal directly with admissions departments. These offices determine the eligibility of your credits for transfer. Each institution has different policies for admitting transfer students, so ensure you consult the relevant article on transferring credit by institution. 

If you intend on graduating from your current institution but want to take courses for credit at another institution, you must do so on a Letter of Permission. See How It Works for more details. 

  • Transfer credit by institution

    Open direct link to this article
  • Transfer credit databases by institution

    Brandon University and the University of Mantioba have made their Transfer Databases publicly available. Links to those databases follow.

    Open direct link to this article
  • Block transfer agreements

    Some programs are set up so that you can easily move from one institution to another and receive full credit for all completed courses. These are sometimes referred to as a “block transfer agreement,” which simply means that students can use credits from one institution’s program towards another institution’s. One institution has agreed to accept a "block" of credits that students can use toward completing a specific program. These agreements allow students to start at one institution and finish at another.

    The existing block transfer agreements are currently available in PDF form. 

    Open direct link to this article