Deadlines for voluntary withdrawal depend on the length of the course and the host institution. The official dates change from one year to another and from one semester to the next. They also vary by institution. It is important to be aware of the host institution’s VW deadline to avoid academic penalty. Voluntary withdrawal dates are frequently featured on the institution’s “important dates” section of their website or course calendar. Please refer to the list below to see updated information about voluntary withdrawal.
Please note that if you withdraw from a course you are taking on a Letter of Permission, you must notify your home institution to inform them of the change. Otherwise, the course may eventually appear on your transcript as an F.
- I’m considering dropping my course.
- How do I get an extension?
- What is voluntary withdrawal?
- How do I drop a course?
- Do I have to notify my home institution when I drop a course I’m taking on a Letter of Permission?
- Will I receive a tuition refund if I drop a course?
- How will a voluntary withdrawal show up on my transcript?